are an efficient, cost effective means for
increasing knowledge worker productivity and
enabling collaboration both inside the company
and with customers and business partners.
enables medium-sized businesses to implement
portals that integrate with their existing
technical and cultural infrastructure by
leveraging existing applications and tools with
which knowledge workers are familiar.
Portals based on internet
- Facilitate collaboration between
knowledge workers, business partners and
- Increase productivity by providing
increasing access to information from inside
and outside the company.
- Decrease the amount of training needed
for IT and end users by utilizing familiar
productivity applications and Web-based
- Empower employees and decrease
day-to-day IT involvement with “Self
Service” portals that enable knowledge
workers to update content and manage user
- Provide a single point of access to all
the information and applications knowledge
workers need throughout the day.
- Automate paper-based processes to speed
time to market and reduce the cost